Friday, April 20, 2007

Chicago/Oprah Trip

I had a blast on our Chicago trip last week! I left my kids in Florida with the grandparents and set off to the Windy City kid-free, for a fun girls vacation!



We ate at Giardano's deep dish Chicago pizza twice in my 3 days there. We also had the famous Chicago stuffed hot dog at the Wiener Circle which weighed at least 1 lb. Thank goodness I brought my R-O-L-A-I-D-S. But we walked it all off as we walked around downtown for hours.




We did lots of shopping at the Water Tower and many other places downtown.





And we went to the Oprah show! The topic was on Dogs and is aired April 25th. Kendra and I were chosen to sit in the front and we were so excited!




Before the show started, I participated in a dance contest to win an Oprah T-shirt! They played "Who Let the Dogs Out" and I shaked around the Oprah stage and I deserved my hot pink O T-shirt I received! It was so much fun being up there!
After the show, Oprah did an after-show and then we got a tour of Harpo studios backstage pass because Kendra's daughter Kari is the webmaster for Oprah. It was so cool seeing where she receives all her mail, and all the back-stage type stuff! What a cool experience.

It was a great weekend full of fun, food, shopping and girlfriends. I'm already looking forward to next year's trip!

0 comments: