Happy Mother's Day! This week was a great week and this weekened was even better. Although Duane does travel extensively, I must say that when he is home, he spoils me. My mother's day weekend started Saturday night on a date (sans the kiddos) at Ruth's Chris steakhouse with a dozen roses. Then Duane had to speak in church about mothers and was very publicly thankful for all of my efforts (always nice to hear). Then the mother's day dinner was all made for me. Tuscan chicken, sweet potatos, cinnmon apples, and complete with a mother's day cake. I then took a long nap (I don't remember my last nap) and he cleaned the entire house. I woke up and he was packed for Moscow and left. My mother's day was completely relaxing, spoiling and all about me. I loved it!
Austin made me a very special mother's day gift at his preschool. A little pot he fingerpainted with beans and a little flower candle inside. He was so proud to give me the gift. He then dumped all the beans out and wanted to plant the magic beans in our yard to see if a beanstalk would come up. Austin also started his "advanced beginner" swim lessons this week. He's doing great! Learning strokes, holding his breath, etc. He also has started asking me questions at the ripe old age of 4 that I don't know answers to. Such as, 'how do you make toothpaste?' and 'how do sharks get from the ocean or one aquarium to another?' He's already corrected me a few times.
Ashley is a ham! She's getting so vocal, saying 'love you' and 'thank you' and has increased the demands. Does that sound surprising? She's so much fun. She loves getting her white patent leather shoes out of her drawer every single morning and puts them on and grabs a makeup brush and tots around like she owns the place. She's also the welcoming committee for the gym nursery. As kids come and go, Ash yells "HI!" and "Bye!" She also has noticed when she passes gas-she says "toots!" Austin really likes that. In fact, that might be the coolest thing his sister has ever done up to this point.
Duane is off to Moscow and another location this week. He did a magnificent job for Mother's Day and I so appreciate him! I also love being a mom. My dear friend Abby is a tremendous mother and she sent me the lyrics to the song Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with revised words to sing to your little ones. Austin loves the song and Ash tries to sing along too. Here they are:
Twinkle, twinkle little Star
What a wonderful child you are!
Big bright eyes and rosy cheeks
A talented person from head to feet
Twinkle, twinkle little Star
What a wonderful child you are!
Have a great Mom's Day.
Love,
Angie
Monday, May 14, 2007
Mother's Day 07'
Posted by Angie at 10:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment