Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bad Hair Week

"YUCK! Is this Ogre chicken?!?!" was the sweet comment that my son made last night after I made him dinner. Austin would eat spicy curry, crocodile, ostrich and all sorts of crazy foods in Africa. But since we've "americanized" his palate in the States again with good old mac-n-cheese, hot dogs, and nuggies...I cant' go out of the norm too often. Although I did make brussel sprouts this week and the kids LOVED them! 1 point for Mom.

Why was it a bad hair week? There was silence upstairs for far too long when I crept up there and saw Ashley smearing a thick white ointment on her head! Not knowing whether to laugh or cry (I was seconds away from getting the kids in the car to take Duane to the airport for an Egypt trip). So Ashley just looked at me and started laughing. Austin loved the comotion and started dancing around Ash, excited at the fact that mom might get upset with her for a change. Austin helped me out by scraping the cream off of her head with one of his plastic swords. It was a good time for all! Ashley wasn't the only one with a bad hair week. I tried cutting Austin's hair this week (to save $15 on a 4 year old's haircut) and no longer did I plug the clippers in, Austin grabbed them and they were they immediately up to the middle of Austin's head. Swoosh! There goes a chunk to the scalp! I just yelled NO!!! Again, I didn't know whether to be mad or laugh, so Austin broke the silence by laughing when he saw himself in the mirror, so I laughed hysterically too! So the cut is a bit shorter than I'd like it. But hey! It's summertime. I guess we'll have to wait on those Target photos for one more month.

Is that my son with a pull-up on over his pajamas? That's a concept that won't quite work!

Ash is starting to put more words into sentences including "I'm Mama's girl" (she has always said I'm dada's baby...so any attention towards mom I'm savoring) . She also loves to mimic anything Austin does. Good and bad. She also has to have whatever he's eating and play with the same toys he plays with. So poor Austin always has to share everything. Her favorite items are her binkis (at night must have 2 in her hands at all times). And she still adores dogs. So we bought her a remote control puppy and she just walks around and hugs it all the time.

Ashley got strep throat this week! First time and odd for a 19 month old. Poor thing.
Duane is in Sharm el Shiek Egypt (we all went snorkeling there in the Red Sea a couple of years ago with my brother Chris and I'm jealous he gets to go again!)
Can you belive this week starts August?!?
Much love,
Angie

1 comments:

Shelese said...

Oh my gosh!! that photo of Ashley is so hilarious. what a mess!!

I'm so loving your blog!
- Shelese