As sung by Shakira "Hips Don't Lie", this was my theme this week. After training 7 hard weeks for the Baltimore half marathon, I sustained my first running related injury. I saw my medical doctor and a chiropractor last week and the net net is because of overuse and overexertion I either have a stress fracture in my hip, a torn labrum or hip bursitis. Lovely huh? I haven't gotten my suggested MRI and X-ray yet, because the remedy for all of these things injuries is ice, ibuprofen and staying off of it. So, elipticals and biking are my new thing at the gym. We'll see how things go when I start to run on it again in a couple of weeks. I will not be running the race. I had a hard time with this initially, but today I ran to catch a fleeting Austin and the pain came back in my hip immediatley so sharply and I'm limping again. Nothing is worth injuring yourself further down the road. I'm only 31! I don't want to walk like I'm 50.
Duane was in Australia these past couple weeks. He loves Sydney! It's the only place that he says he would quit the State Dept to get a private sector job there. He got his picture taken with koalas and kangaroos!
Funnies this week:
AUSTIN:
Asked how people got pregnant...oh boy.
He then asked if it cost any money to get pregnant. And said, "you can buy anything in this world with money."
Then he said that if he ever had a brother, he would name him Austin II.
Announced that Jesus was his "favorite man in the whole world."
Smelled a flower and said it smells pretty. Just like you Mom.
Said, "I don't know what love is, but I know Mom, I love you." Can a heart melt anymore?
Found a pirate Halloween costume already and wears it 99% of the time.
ASHLEY:
Now carries Duane's T-shirts around with her while he's gone. It's like a blankie in her crib.
Sounds like a cat when she says "no". It's a kind of meow...but "nooow".
Is getting very vocal.
Started with the no response to everything.
Aren't the terrific two's great?!!?
Events to remember (or forget):
Austin's preschool orientation. As all parents and preschoolers met in a sanctuary at his Haymarket Baptist Church Preschool, the Headmaster is talking about rules, regulations, etc. Ashley then stands on top of a pew and starts to squeal. I grab her and take her in the back of the church as Austin is laughing hysterically and Ashely is arching backwards, yelling even louder, grabbing my hair and pinching my neck all the way back. Austin then ran down the aisle and was giggling and skipping because of the commotion. All eyes were on me. No other family was acting like this in the entire chapel. I disrupted everything. And then Ashley wouldn't stop yelling. It was horrible. At the end of this spectacle I was sweating, and near tears. Who says its fun taking almost 2 year olds out in quiet places?
The same thing basically happened at my Dr.'s office. Yelling, arching, fits. It was so loud in the examining room, that my Dr. actually said he'd step outside to write the Rx. Austin just laughs and loves someone else getting in trouble.
Should I even admit that the exact same thing happened at the Little Gym while we were waiting for Austin?
However, when she goes to sleep, girls really are made of sugar and spice and everything nice.
Have a great week!
Angie
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
My Hips Don't Lie
Posted by Angie at 11:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment