Monday, April 28, 2008

Terrific Two's








Yes, the terrific two's are here.  I actually think they start at 18 month and continue till 3 1/2. Ashley is doing a lot better.  No more visitors, she's staying in her bed at night, and potty training is done.  It took a mere 3 days and she's done a great job.  She loves being a big girl.  She even got a princess little scooter to celebrate her success!  Ash also loves to climb.  The little monkey uses stepping stools to climb on top of the trash can, then to climb on top of the counter then shimmies all the way around the counter tops to the candy cabinet.  She works quite stealthily.  

Her loves of the week:  watching Little Bear, Barney, the freaky Teletubbies and the even freakier Booh-bah, singing the song from Dumbo "Baby Mine", "I Love You" from Barney and "5 Little Monkeys".  She loves staring out our window and watching the "alligators" in the pond in front of the golf course.  

Austin got to start playing outside this week.  He loved enjoying the sunshine.  We've even had our first few outings since his surgery.  He's doing great.  If he's not drinking his meal, we're on soft foods and he'll sometimes get food stuck in his esophagus.  He feels panicky because he can't swallow his own saliva and he beats on his chest and says, "I'm having a heart attack!"  It's scary, but slowly he'll gag and drink water and things go down.  We just have to be so careful with him.  Poor guy's gone from 59lbs to 51lbs and has lost 15% of his body weight.  He still is our little husky guy!

Austin's preschool teacher Mrs. Burch came by this week to do a little home-schooling and to make sure he wasn't left out of any crafts/activities.  I was so touched by this!  Again, we're so thankful for all the love and support we've received for Austin and his recovery.

Jonathan came back from Kuwait this week.  He's been busy finishing up what seems like 1000 employee evaluation reviews (EER's) for his staff which has taken all his time.  We did go to Gravelly Park and watched the planes fly overhead.  My good friend Cheri and her girls came to visit from Florida this week and we had a lovely day together (of course we ate at Chipotle!)  I miss you Cheri! You need to  come back.  I also had a farewell lunch with my sweet friend Lynn and her kiddos who are moving to Moldova.  I'm so sad she's leaving VA.  Good luck Lynn!  I miss you already.

I love it that May is almost here and the grass is getting so green.  I love the sunshine!
Have a great week!
Angie










 

4 comments:

Jean Allen said...

Hmmm...the terrific two's. Keep telling yourself that! :) I LOVE Ash's dress. Too cute! And I am sooo happy that Autee is feeling better and is able to play outside. He is such a trooper!

Mandi said...

I meant to tell you on Sunday how cute Ashley's dress was- she looks so darling! (Austin is real dashing too, of course!)

erin said...

I am so happy, for you, that Ash is potty trained! Yahoo! No more diapers. I wish I could say that, but I am sure it will be a long while.
Glad that Austin is doing better too.
I see you have a vacation planned..where are you going?

Cherilyn said...

Terrific twos is a great way to put things in perspective. I just love it when Will holds my hand walking down the stairs and wants to be with me. I know all too well that this doesn't last forever! I have to say you are truly being blessed to go through such minimal pain in toilet training arena!