So here we are, Disney World 2008! This year, Disney World was magical for Ashley. She thought she was a real life princess herself. She loved seeing the
characters, and thought Snow White ride was too scary. Austin however, was too cool. I got all excited when I saw Mickey Mouse. Austin turned to me and explained that it was only a costume. At least Ashley still upheld the magic of Disney. I guess there is a timeline for this type of thing. I'm kinda sad that Austin hit it so soon. Another coming of age experience I had with Austin on this trip is when he had his body board out in the ocean following other bigger boys with their surf boards,
I kept yelling at him
from the shore to not go too far or to be careful and to come back in front of where I was. All of this yelling by his mom finally made Austin turn around in front of all these bigger boys and he yelled, "Mom! I can take care of myself!" I felt like yelling back, "No you can't!" But I decided to quit barking like a mother hen and to just watch him and trust him. Not yelling at him like he was a baby made him feel a lot better around the bigger boys. He's only 5 though! I was so sad. Why does he care now? I wish he was still the age that it didn't matter what other people thought. He was oblivious to those types of things. I'm going to be a mess the first day of kindergarten as well. I know I know.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Disney World 2008
Disney World was amazing, expensive, hot and did I say expensive? But thoroughly enjoyed it and most of all because we were all there together, as one happy little family.
Posted by Angie at 9:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I am insanely jealous. We thought we were going to Disney World this year. But rethought it at 5k for the family.
Crapo
Post a Comment