Friday, June 05, 2009

Austin CUT Ashley's HAIR!






This is a story that we can look back upon with a smile, but when it happened, I was mortified.  


I was at the computer and I hear Austin fiddling around the pencil basket.  I asked what he was doing and he said, oh just playing.  5 minutes later Ashley proudly announces that she 'got a haircut!'  At that, leapt from the computer kicking anything in my way to see a beaming sweet Ashley that had mutant hair.  Chunks missing all over, bangs cut off...you must remember that her hair is extremely fine and has taken about 3 years to grow in.  She was just starting to wear bows and her hair was naturally waving. And now...GONE.  

I was so angry at Austin as I saw the pile of locks on my bed.  I picked up the handful and asked him what on earth he was thinking.  "I gave her a makeover!"  He had even cut off a chunk on the front of his head too.  Ahhhh!

So off to Bubbles salon we went the next day to clean it up.  I asked the gal if she could blend in the pieces and give her a little stack in back.  She looked at me and said, "There's no stacking. She needs a pixy cut."  So it goes.  Hair gone.  But Ash wouldn't know the difference.  Thank goodness.  Only me, and all my many bows are now waiting again in the top drawer for another year or so till we can use them.  

8 comments:

just jen said...

headbands...the answer is headbands.


i would be so mortified too...poor you.

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

She needs to wear plenty of pink and skirts until it grows in so she can't be mistaken for a boy. Get those boxer-briefs off of her!

Brooke said...

Oh, Angie. . .I'm sorry. You're right though, that this will be a moment you will always look back on--fondly?? At least SHE isn't devastated. It will grow, but in the meantime let's start reading about herbal hair supplements.:)

Gina said...

Oh this is so sad! I would have been upset too!

Kristen said...

Holy cow! I can't believe it, well actually I guess I could with wonderful boys. I love that he said it was a makeover! How funny. Glad you got the pictures!

Lindsey said...

Oh boy....I guess I should be feeling lucky that I have two boys, and if this ever happened I could just shave their heads and call it good. My sister and I did this when we were little too, and it was awful!! The up-side to all of this is that she's so adorable it really doesn't matter what length her hair is!

Monica said...

Ah man! I have been amazed that I haven't experienced this one myself. Way to handle it like a pro! She is such a cutie though...she looks good with anything!

Mandi said...

She still looks super cute, but I would have been crying, for sure!