Monday, February 08, 2010

Blizzard of 2010






Wegmans was packed. Food missing from shelves. Was it because of the blizzard ready to hit or because of Super Bowl Sunday? Probably both. This snow storm brought us 28 inches of snow in about a day and a half. If it snows one more inch this winter, (more than 46 inches) we'll beat a record in Washington DC since 1872 of the most snowfall!

I dug out the heavy wet snow for about 4hours yesterday. Nothing a little heat, stretching and Nyquil couldn't take care of.

6 comments:

Cath said...

This is phenomenal. Doug and I are so jealous! He watched the DC news all weekend - longingly adding up the inches! Awesome.

And your Mom is so cute! How fun to have her with you! She's so creative. What a blessing!

Shells said...

Wow, wow and WOW. I remember right after Austin was born there was a big snow storm and we walked over to your apartment in the beautiful snow and sunshine. Too bad you we are so far apart, it would take us a long time and a huge bridge to walk there now!

Monica said...

Angie-

I"m sooo glad your mom is here to help you. Moms are the best!!

Kristen said...

I'm glad your mom stayed with you longer to help with the snow...and too play with!

Cherilyn said...

So glad you finally posted. I think often about you and your cute family and am so glad that family is in town. What a wonderful mom! How lucky you are!

Lynette said...

FOUR hours of shoveling...you poor thing!!! Can you believe all this snow??