Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Birthday Girls








This week I turned 32 and Ashley turned 2!  Jonathan spoiled us both tremendously.   It was a fun week full of roses, cake and pink balloons all over our home.
This week was the first snowfall of the season! Austin was so excited.  He was outside in it forever.  Ashley put her boots on, went outside and touched the snow, tasted the snow and then came inside and said, "hot cocoa" a phrase we've already learned this winter.  

This week Jonathan travelled to Brussels.  He brought home the most delicious chocolates I've honestly ever tasted.  I told him Condi needs to travel there more often.  And if he brought home chocolates like those, I didn't mind him being gone.
I had our Christmas Enrichment meeting on Thursday evening.  It was an absolutely beautiful night.  So many sisters put so much hard work into our magical evening.  We had delicious food, drinks, desserts, a spiritual message and beautiful music that we've all been working on for weeks.  All the ladies went home with a CD of the music there that evening.
Austin has been into "smells" this week.  He bent over and smelled his feet and told me they smelled like "Cracker Barrel".  Then, the next day he told me to smell his hands (yuck) and he told me they smelled like Shrek's ogre hands.  He told me hats smell like old cheese, his lips smell like eggs and that Ashley smells like strawberry shortcake.
Ashley just got her first package of pull-ups this week.  I'm so used to her going on and off the potty, that this is so much easier.  Again, after the New Year the potty training begins!  She hasn't been escaping as much recently.  She's into sitting in Austin's car seat, singing with the radio, and babies.  She loves dolls.  Dolls of all sorts.  She cuddles them, kisses them, changes their diapers, and holds them in blankets as much as she can.  It's so sweet.  Ash has been trying to sing along to the 24 hour Christmas songs I've been playing in our home.  It's so cute to see her sing and try to dance too to the music when she thinks no one is around!
Jonathan ended our week by taking a trip to the ER.  He was cleaning one of our new kitchen knives and it slipped out of his hand and sliced right down on his right pointer finger.  It is his trigger finger (oh dear) and he got it stitched up just fine.  Although he said he never wanted to visit Prince William ER ever again.  We keep saying this in our family but tend to always go back there for stitches.
Can you believe that Christmas is seriously 2 weeks away?!?
I'm so excited!  Have fun getting your last minute shopping done!
Angie

3 comments:

Lyf2.0 said...

LOVE the breakfast in bed pic!

Shells said...

Me too, that is so fun. And stay away from the ER! We love you guys.

Mandi said...

I was going to comment on the breakfast in bed picture too- how sweet is that? Happy Birthday!!!