The Geisha to the left is outfitted by her Uncles and Pop! Thanks guys!
Jonathan flew out on Air Force One this last trip. He's in the middle east for the past week and will be until Wed. No fun. Those are the trips I worry about.
I have been trying to eat better since the holidays. That's no fun either. But it is a nice feeling when your cute jeans fit instead of feeling like Wranglers. Dr. Phil once said something and it stuck with me (as I'm holding a Reese's pb cup...) "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels." So true! I don't normally like to tout Dr. Phil, but this quote has helped me out in my darkest dieting moments.
Austin and I went down to Children's Hospital on Friday and had a consultation with a GI surgeon there and we chatted about the pro's and cons to the stomach surgery that would take care of Austin's reflux problems. Unfortunately, the morbidity rate is 10-15% and that's something that I just can't swallow. I called Duane in Kuwait and we both felt that right now it's not time. The surgeon definitely thought he needed it, given his history, the amt of meds he's on now to take care of the reflux. But I just didn't feel like it was a slam dunk. I was very surprised because for a couple years, we were heading in this direction. He's doing great on his new medicine right now even though it's an extremely high dose. So it's like we either fix it with surgery, or keep him on these meds all his life. Which is the greater evil? It's so hard.
Austin started a little pee wee football class on Friday as well. He now loves to run with the football cradled in his hands and I try to get it out. He doesn't like to be tackled, but he likes to tackle me.
Ashley has been a funny little munchkin this week. She loves to kick a foam soccer ball around the house (a birthday present of Austin's -thanks Shelese and Mandi!) and Ash thinks its hers. Today we went to Long Park and played ball and ate a picnic lunch. We had a great time! Although is was quite cold. The weather is getting chilly here.
Much love,
Angie

2 comments:
I forgot to ask about your appointment so I'm so glad you are sharing it on your blog. I too would wait until the odds are stacked more in his favor. It's too scary for these little ones to go into surgery - as you know - anything can happen. I love the Dr. Phil quote. Yes, I have his diet book too. I read a lot of these types of books. Application is another thing!
Sorry to hear about the odds on the surgery. I know you guys will make the right decision no matter what. I Love the picture of Ashley on the horse. Yeehaw!!!
Post a Comment