This week we took a 2 day trip to the Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, VA. We were so happy that it lived up to our expectations and all the wonderful things people had said about it! Including the 66,000 sq foot warm indoor water park, and the MagiQuest game that Austin and Ashley could point their magic wands at things around the hotel and magic would happen. We knew the lodge had a lot to offer, but we were floored when we found out there was an arcade, an Aveda salon, a 12 and under little salon called "Scoops" for little girls, mini golf, a teen club at night, 5 eateries there, and scheduled daily activities for kids of all ages. Unbelievable. From story time to their own little kiddie camp bunk beds in the guest rooms, the Great Wolf Lodge will definitely be revisited by the Toler clan again! Talk about a kid get-away. Did I mention I went down the 6 story water tornado over 7 times??? SO FUN!
Monday, May 26, 2008
Great Wolf Lodge
Just yesterday, our neighborhood Piedmont had its bi-annual yard sale. And can I just tell you that there's nothing more fun than getting a deal. Anyone can shop and buy something they want. But it's a far better feeling to shop and get something you wanted for one sixteenth the price! My deals: A $50 treadmill, (great shape!) orig over $1500, and a $70 motorized John Deere 2 seat truck for the kids (orig over $399)!!! I'm so proud of my bargains and so are the kids!
Duane is in Palo Alto CA this past week (where the Sec State lives) and comes home tomorrow, to only leave again tomorrow for Stockholm and other overseas locations. As for the kids and I, we've already BBQ'ed a few times this weekend and plan on taking advantage of the opening of the outdoor pool tomorrow! I don't know who's more excited. Me or the kids!
Happy Memorial Day. God bless our soldiers and their families.
Angie
Posted by Angie at 6:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'm so glad you had a great mini vacation - did Jonathon go? Way to go on the deals! Tell me next time because I love a bargain too! You sound a little lonely - I hope you can survive one more year of Sec. Detail and then get assigned to something better for you family : )
That sounds just awesome! These kids are going to have GREAT memories!
Where do you find your backgrounds?! They're awesome!
Love the pictures - you can definitely see the kids' personalities each time!
You went garage selling? What?? Does JD know? :)
What a blast! I have never even heard of Great Wolf Lodge before, but it is definitely on my travel list now. Keeping the kids happy and busy on vacation is a big key to everyone's happiness!
Looks like you had a great trip. My little family needs to do something like that too.
Have fun in North Carolina!
I am sold! That looks like it was so much fun. Hope you are having fun on your trip!
Post a Comment