This week Austin graduated from Pre-k. It was a very bittersweet day for me! It was a wild west graduation and Austin had the opening line. The program was great and ended with the traditional graduation Pomp and Circumstance and grad hats.
I must admit, I did not hold back the tears and swore to myself when he's graduating college, I would always remember this day he graduated from pre-k! I know I know, he's my first. Cut me some slack.
I also had the opportunity to volunteer on his last day of school for a water party. I gave Austin preferential treatment the whole time (he was first to get snack, go under the limbo stick, hula and ride a surfboard) and he loved every second of it.
Speaking of hair, I think I need to get my roots touched up sooner than later because today at church, Austin looked at me and announced, "Mommy you're beautiful. But your hair is black near your head."
Austin had a "funny" this week. We were at a consignment kids store (near Walmart) and a beat up old van was parked right next to us. There were two men putting a crib and other things inside. When we came out of the store, Austin spotted the men and yelled with his finger pointed, "Mom! Look! They're stealing!" We were just stared at. I tried to explain or just said "Kids" or something like that I was still stared at until I drove off.
Ashley has enjoyed a week full of playing with neighbors and their dogs. She ADORES dogs. "Woof-Woofs". Any type, size, shape. We are seriously considering a Bischon Frise due to their hypo-allergenic hair/dander, temperament, size, personality. We've been doing our dog research for 5 years now and still haven't gotten one. Who knows if this will play out.
Much love and my heart goes out to my other friends whose kids will graduate from pre-k the next few weeks. The only other day that will be harder for me will be his first day of Kindergarten. Getting on the bus. Then prom, graduation, college, wedding.......I know, I'm a sap.
Angie

6 comments:
Angie - Austin and Ashley sure are adorable! I love how you dressed Austin up!! Too adorable.
"Out of the mouths of babes" for what Austin said about the men... that's embarrassingly funny!
Austin is your first, so naturally you're gonna be touched with all of his firsts. :)
Angie- I am so with you on struggling with our kids getting older. I have said many times that I feel like Sara is already out of the house and off to college! :) Time goes so fast and I think it is cruel that our kids have to grow and leave us. I think Luke's mission will put me in my grave!
Just wait until he gets on the bus for kindergarden. The tears will come! He looks like such a little model, posing in his pictures. And, what is the name of the lady on the left of Austin? I swear I worked with her at Target!
That's so funny about the hair comment and needing to do your roots again. Whenever I get highlights and low lights my kids will ask why my hair is striped? And my niece actually drew a picture in school with my sister's hair all striped. Leave it to a kid to tell you how it really is!!
Yee Haw! He looked so cute! Good luck with the whole dog thing, that is not an easy decision, but I know Ash would love it.
Ang,
If you seriously decide to chop the locks donate to locks of love. Both Aysha and I did it and it was a good lesson for her about giving to the children with no hair. They will accept colored hair just not bleached, and in the end you end up with your cute summer do and a valuable life lesson for the kiddos!
Crapo
Post a Comment