Monday, July 07, 2008

JAX & Charleston

On my drive up to Charleston from FL, I met up with my dear friend Cheri.  The kids had a great time playing together/visiting again.  I loved hanging out with her and remembered the times we'd chat when she lived here in VA.  In fact, she lived just a couple of houses away.  I miss you Cheri!  


After the stop in Jacksonville, we then continued north on 95 to Charleston.  (Jonathan is in Beijing this whole time).  We got to Charleston in about 4-5hrs.  

Something I absolutely HAVE to do when I go to Charleston when I visit Duane's Mom and Dad is to go downtown.  There's not any other charming place like downtown Charleston.  I love walking through the outdoor slave market.  To see all the homemade/Charleston-type goods.  I then have to make a stop at the River Street Sweets and get some pralines.  Mmmmm.  I absolutely love to spend time there!  Some more Charleston things we do is to visit Bojangles, and ice cream at Brusters.  Gotta love Chucktown

0 comments: