Sammy. Our beloved Beta fish that has been alive for over 3.5 years. What fish lives for over 3.5 years? Sammy does. In fact we called him Samurai Sammy because he was such a tough warrior. We'd taken care of Sammy, neighbors have fed Sammy while we were away on vacations, he was much loved. He was gift to Austin before Ashley was even born given by Grandma and Pop LaBarbera. Well, Sammy moved on to a better place on Saturday night. We think its because of natural causes, but murder is still an option. I came downstairs and Ashley was on the counter top with sammy in her hand and said, 'Sammy died.' But even if it was murder, it was Sammy's time to go. He had slowed down quite a bit the past couple months. The funeral was sad as the pictures show. We love you Sammy! To the best fish ever!
Monday, February 23, 2009
The passing away of Sammy
Posted by Angie at 10:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Poor Samurai Sammy. I think I heard about him from Florida Mom and Pop. I'm sorry to hear he died, but the picture of Ashley crying or yelling reminds me of Anchorman Will Ferrell in a glass case of emotion. As for the 7-11 post- free twinkies, junk food, chips... Are we sure that's not Grant in the clown outfit?
that is so cute they are holding hands there at the burial. bye bye fishy!
Oh Ashleys face just says it all. What trauma! I hope our fish don't live that long. Here's to a good life and a better world Sammy.
And where can donations be sent?? Money in leu of flowers, right??
Aw, poor Sammy. May he rest in peace. I guess one pet is all your family can handle!
What is it with you and your pets lately?
What a tragic day! :(
Post a Comment