This weekend has been planned and I'd been looking forward to it for almost a year now! And May 25-May 31, I hit NYC hard.
The Bolt Bus took my dear friends Abby and Kendra to Manhattan. We got ourselves into the Marriott and hit the city! That night we saw Mary Poppins on Broadway (very cool show). We then ate NY cheesecake (of course!) from Stage's. The next day we started out at the Today Show (which we did get some live coverage on TV!) we then hit the first day of our double decker tour bus. We took a ferry to Staten Island, saw all of south town. We then got off at Greenwich Village to eat custard, a Falafel sandwich and get lost in the Soho. Friday we went to the Summer Concert Series on Good Morning America and saw the Country Group Sugarland perform! Kendra even caught the guitar pick thrown at the crowd! The bus took us that day uptown Manhattan and I saw the Temple, Harlem, and all of uptown with it's amazing history. That afternoon we took a stop at the Modern Art Museum. Very interesting. We also ate at Buttercup-a little cupcake shoppe that blew Sex and the City's Magnolia's cupcakes out of the water.
Saturday we attended a street fair up Lexington and enjoyed street meat vendors!
It was Saturday that I met up with Aaron and Reghan. They live uptown at 73rd and 1st. I love where they live and got to see their grocery store, I got to hear them speak on Sunday at church in the Manhattan 2nd ward and they did an amazing job. We played football at Central Park, ate Reghan's delicious cooking, and went to the Metropolitan Art Museum. I also got to check out Aaron's work place JP Morgan. And of course with Reghan expecting Sept 10 we had many talks on babies!!
This NYC trip was probably my favorite of all 7 times I've been! It just keeps getting better---it's the friends and family you are with that make trips so special. As Alicia Keys sings, "New York! It's where dreams are made of! There's nothing you can't do!" Love it!
Monday, June 14, 2010
Empire State of Mind-NYC
Posted by Angie at 2:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment