The morning began at 5:30am. There was much trepidation in the air. Austin's first day of 2nd grade! He got dressed on his own, was ready to make his own pancakes. I slowed the morning process down a bit and I have to admit, my stomach was just as queasy as his was.
We walked to our new bus stop (closer) and were the first ones there. Ashley of course rode her scooter and was thrilled. I had the video camera in one hand and the Nikon in the other. Snapping photos at every angle I could as other children arrived. Austin was so upset I was taking pictures this year! He told me to stop and would hardly stand still for one unless he was goofing off. He didn't even turn around on the bus or wave out the window this year! It made my heart ache (yes I'm a boob). My little buddy was "too cool for school" or rather, acting "too cool for mom".
After tears rolled by, I met up at Panera for the annual breakfast of moms that are sniffling and some that were partying.
By day 3, Austin needed mom more. "Aren't you going to wait for me right in front of the bus this time?" "Yes, I guess I could do that Austin."
Friday, September 10, 2010
First Day of 2nd Grade!
Posted by Angie at 12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds familiar! Logan is already begging me to let him ride his bike to school alone. I asked him yesterday if he wanted to, and he looked stricken! He said, "Um no, I thought you were going to follow me again!" I assured him I would follow him for as many days as he wants :)
Austin is a grown little man! You are adorable- pancakes, side walk chalk and all! You're a great photographer too- I always love the pictures you get of the kids. Love ya Goose!
Ahhh, he is so grown up!
Post a Comment