Thursday, October 28, 2010

Love is in the Air...





Lots to journal this week:

Loved subbing and being primary music leader!
Grandma's biopsy/tumor removal went smooth. Phew.
Austin is wearing his last pair of orthotics all through the day now.
Ash is 4 going on 18.
Got a note home saying for Ashley to start working more, talking less. Hmmm...those notes look familiar.....Ash doesn't fall far from the tree.
Jonathan got his meritorious Honor Award in Baghdad!! More to come on that....deserves it's own "blog" page. :)
Boo'ed people and made dozens of pumpkins chocolate chip cookies!
Austin's giving Temple talk on Sunday
I get to sub and teach Ash's CTR 5 on Sunday. yay!
Austin's Grizzly football team will play in the play-off's--they're 5-1!
Chris and Jodi bought a house!!!
Jonny's brother got mission call to Monterrey Mexico!
Hunter and Jessica (Jonny's bro and sis in law) are pregnant!
Bell is 6 weeks old this week!



Out of Ash's mouth this week:

"Mom, are you so sad that I'm getting bigger?"
"I'm almost a teenager."
"Do you know what's hotter than me? My toosh." ( I know, wow.)
"Can you even believe I'm already up to your belly button?"

Austin:
"Happy Columpus Day!" (instead of Columbus)
"Don't be a cow for Halloween mom. I Don't want to get mad cow disease."
"I want to be a billionaire...so stinkin bad."
"Do you see that property for sale Mom? I could buy it and then build some apartments or like a business on it and then get tons of money."


My little pumpkins are so cute. One of the many things I adore about my kiddos, is that they always think of their sibling first. Not themselves, not mom or dad or a best friend, but their brother/sister. Ash looks forward to picking up Austin from the bus every single day. Then they ask each other on the way home how their days went. They are so tight!! Like at Dr.'s offices, instead of picking a sticker out forthemselves, it's for the other one. Chucky Cheese prizes--always for their sibling. Book Fair-Austin picked out a Barbie book for Ash. Get to spend their allowance-buy something for their brother. My brothers and I are tight but I don't remember always putting them first like this. Maybe it's because they only have each other? Any thoughts??

1 comments:

Gina said...

My kids do that too! It's gotta be the two kids boy/girl thing. They really take care of each other. I hope they never stop. It's so sweet. I definitely only thought about numero uno when I was growing up with 4 siblings!