



This Birthday was a GREAT one! I not only spent the whole weekend out with friends, but I ran a race as well. And did great. And I ate great (cake that is). And I was with friends. And I felt special and loved.
We stayed at the Westin at National Harbor Maryland, the night before the race, Dec 2. All day long we walked around the shops, at lunch at Rosa Mexicano and dined on carbs at night. Nicole, Jen and I ate pizza in our hotel room and talked like girls at a slumber party. We finally decided we needed to sleep to get up early for the race. The next morning, we were up and ready and bundled up!
We ran and ate our Ghiradelli's chocolate fondue and hot chocolate at the end. My buds even got the corral to sing Happy Birthday to me!
That night, my sweet friends Erika, Heather, Jean and Jen all took me to Sweetwater where I was spoiled some more. I am very thankful to have such wonderful people in my life that enrich me. Thanks girlfriends!
I've celebrated my 34, 35 and 36th birthdays away from Duane in while he's been in the Middle East. But thanks to dear friends and of course family, they've been great birthdays nonetheless. I am excited next year though to celebrate 37 with my sweetheart by my side.
He made sure I had a Daisy Cake dry-iced frozen sent to me so that I would have a birthday cake on my birthday. And a massage. Ahhh.

0 comments:
Post a Comment