Wednesday, September 03, 2008

New York City!





As our last hurrah, the kids and I went to NYC!  I met up with my dad (who had a conference there) while Duane was out of town.  We had a GREAT time!  We of course did all the touristy things....Times Square Toys R Us, Central Park, FAO Schwartz, Hershey's, M&M's store, St. Patricks Cathedral, did the Today Show on Wednesday at Rockefeller Plaza, I got to see the Broadway musicals Legally Blonde (which I followed on MTV-the making of the next Elle Woods and Bailey was on Broadway!) And I saw WICKED.  Which was AMAZING.  Truly my favorite Broadway performance.  I ate my weight in Carnegie Deli goods and shopped ChinaTown and Little Italy.  


Austin's new nickname with my Dad is "chops" because when he would get in trouble with Pop, Austin started saying, "Quit busting my chops Pop!"  It was out of the blue and so funny!  Ashley's new nickname is Cocoa-because we stayed at a Hampton Inn at Times Square (I love Hamptons!) and they have the free cocoa 24-7 and Ashley drank hot cocoa 24-7.  We had a GREAT time together.  The only snafu I ran into the last day of our trip, is that my wallet got stolen and I saw the thief!  We reported it to the NYPD and Austin was thrilled to zip around in a police car up and down 5th Ave looking for the thief.  No luck.  But, 2 days after I got home my wallet appeared in the mail.  All the$140 cash was gone, but credit cards, license, EVERYTHING was accounted for.  The New York post office mailed it to me with out a note or anything.  What a blessing.  A minor snafu for the amazing time we had.  Thanks Dad!




3 comments:

Kristen said...

I can't believe that your wallet was actually stolen, who would have figured that would happen in NY. How awful. Scary. But glad you had a fun get away.

Shelese said...

Oh how fun! What a cool trip! A 5 year old in a real police car... her must have loved it!! What a fun trip. and man am I so excited for you that you got to see Wicked. I want to see that so badly. :) lucky duck.

Brooke said...

Bummer about your wallet. Can I take you with me to NYC so you can show me the town? We really should plan a ladies weekend in NYC.