Austin turned 6 today. And today was a hard day for me. Not when he turned 4 or 5, but for some reason this year. Maybe because he's gone all day long? I don't know. But he was born at 11:20 am in 2002 on this day. So at 11:20 today, I was in tears. I called Jonathan and he was equally as touched. It's just amazing that little face that looked at me at that minute we met 6 years ago, is now such an independent big boy.
Tonight as I was tucking him in bed, I stayed a lot longer to talk to him and cuddle. He asked why I don't just sleep in here with him. My heart panged as I thought how it won't be too long before he will never ever say that again! Who would want their mom sleeping with them? So I snuggled in, and started to doze. I savored his sweet arms wrapped around my neck and the sound of his purr as he slept.
Why can't time stand still? I'm trying to savor every second. And I feel like I'm really good at it. But still, life seems to go by even faster.

11 comments:
i started tearing up reading this...i hope he had a good day.
you are a great mom!
I know! Why do they have to grow up!?
He's such a cutie.
Let's have a stay-home-with-mom hookie day, ok? I feel your pain girl, and you know I'm all cryin' now! You snuggle that boy!
Let's have a stay-home-with-mom hookie day, ok? I feel your pain girl, and you know I'm all cryin' now! You snuggle that boy!
Let's have a stay-home-with-mom hookie day, ok? I feel your pain girl, and you know I'm all cryin' now! You snuggle that boy!
Angie- how do you always make me cry! Seriously, you said everything so tenderly that I am always thinking. I just wish we could hang on to them forever. They are so lucky to have you for a mommy!
I totally hear you. I snuggle up with Cole on the nights he asks for back rubs because I know I only have a few more years before they end. Don't you just love being the mom to a son?
Happy Birthday Austin!
They do grow way to fast. I often times find myself starring at my boys thinking how amazing it is how they all the sudden aren't are babies any more but litle boys!
Aren't little boys the best? I love being the mom of sons. I know exactly what you mean about snuggling up and loving every minute of it. It will be over for all of us in a flash, so just enjoy. I can't believe he's 6 already, where did those years go??
How sweet Angie. What kind of party is Austing having? I am hating to see mine grow up too - although road trips are getting easier, and sleeping through the night is good, and just maybe mike and i can take a vacation soon. Perhaps we just need to change our outlook?
~L
It seems that by the time the end of first grade comes around that the little boys aren't so little anymore : ( You've got a little more time so get all you can out of it! Austin may be on the tender side so you might just get lucky and have more time than you think.
Post a Comment