Such a big girl. She was so excited to go to school! Ever since Austin started going to Haymarket Baptist Preschool Ashley wanted to go with him. We would just drive by it and she would say, "That's my preschool!" So today was the day. We spent a wonderful morning together talking and picking out her outfit (she wanted to wear a big gaudy beaded necklace and luckily it itched her so she took if off). Then she said, Mom, I love you. My little girl.
So we took the pictures, I recorded her reactions as she first went into the school. She acted like she owned the school. She knew exactly where she was going. I really didn't need to be there at all. She loved it. Her class is the "pig" class, as all 3's classes are farm animals. And she has a purple folder--and a purple car to check herself in and out. She loves the independence, new sites, and is totally ready. As I left her, I was fine. Until...
The teacher gave each of us moms a little present as we left the room. It was a special little note with a bag inside was a cotton ball and a tissue and a tea bag.
This is what it said, " Here is a little gift for you as you leave your precious little one with me on this first day of school. As you hold this cotton ball in your hand, the softness will help you remember the gentle spirit of you child. After you've gone and dried your tears with the tissue, make yourself a hot cup of tea. Put up your feet and relax. Remember that together you and I will work for your child to be the best they can be."
I read the note and was in tears. My baby girl is now in preschool. It hit me like I didn't think it would. Maybe because she's my last? I had a good long cry in the parking lot. Life is moving so fast. I'm so thankful for my life. I'm so thankful for my kids and my husband and our families and friends.
I love you Ash and am sooooo proud of you!

9 comments:
i just got all teary eyed reading that little note...our babies are growing up!
That backpack is bigger than she is! She isn't big enough to go! :) She looks so cute, as usual- way to go ashley!
Oh boy, I can so totally 100% relate to exactly what you are feeling. Henry did the same thing - walked right in like he was in charge, since he's at the same school Logan went to. It's his now, and he LOVES it. I didn't need to be there either on his first day, and I sobbed in the parking lot too. I know this is how it's supposed to be, but man is it ever hard! Love ya!!
Oh I was going to cry just reading this. Crazy that she's old enough and out the door. As always, she is just so cute and photogenic.
I love your little family!! I've been a lurker for a while now...I don't even remember HOW I found you???!!! Crazy huh!! Anyway, my computer crashed awhile back and I lost everything and I couldn't find your blog :( Anyway, lonnng story short...I found it again!!! I'm so glad your precious family is doing well. Your kiddoes are just beautiful and I pray for the safety of your husband :) I hope you had a great day and were able to relax and drink that cup of tea ;)
I love your little family!! I've been a lurker for a while now...I don't even remember HOW I found you???!!! Crazy huh!! Anyway, my computer crashed awhile back and I lost everything and I couldn't find your blog :( Anyway, lonnng story short...I found it again!!! I'm so glad your precious family is doing well. Your kiddoes are just beautiful and I pray for the safety of your husband :) I hope you had a great day and were able to relax and drink that cup of tea ;)
Too cute! Just don't blink because she'll be 15 before you know it! I remember having to peel Bryce from the preschool room as we'd leave Scott. It feels like it was just yesterday : (
Man that is a great teacher...cute not and everything! Ashley looked sooo cute on her first day!! Yea!
Sounds like you need a #3. :)
Post a Comment