Sunday, September 06, 2009

Big Boy Room

This is Annie, our viszla's favorite spot once I put the kids down for bed. I find her on top of my bed, ready to snuggle. I put her downstairs in her cage everynight, but before I do, when the kids are away, Annie and I chill and watch my tivo'ed shows together.
She really thinks she's human. Oh, and one more thing. She too, like all the other Toler's has a nickname. There' s Goose, Fritz, Chuck and Cooter. But her name is Eunice. Sometimes it turns into Eukus Pukus. But it's hardly ever Annie, rather it's Eunice, Eukel, Pukus....
Ash will have her princess decorated room probably until she goes to college.
Upon returning from Kenya and Austin was 3 years old, we had the cutest little Sailboat theme in his room. He loved it and we've since expanded with surf decos and Ron Jon and pirate garb. So now at age 6 going on 7, he told me a little while ago he did not want sailboats anymore. Those curtains and quilt are for babies. Sniff sniff. But he is my baby. So much to my dislike, I went to Pottery Barn Outlet and found the perfect skull/pirate duvet and curtains for his room. It's now a big boy room. I'll miss the sailboats.


4 comments:

Shells said...

Love the rooms! One thing about renting is the inability to really go all out decorating. I would say I am envious, but D will tell you I can't decorate anyway.

Anonymous said...

I missed this one! The kids are so lucky to have a mom that plays with their creativity and imaginations! I want to be your child. Haha! The rooms look so great

Mandi said...

I wish I had Ashley's room! It is so perfect for her!

just jen said...

can you make my room look like ashley's?

i want it for me, who cares what colin says?

loving the new bedspread!