
So I turned 34. December 3. I am still not 35, but I am 34. I feel like as soon as the thirties hit, I started falling apart. But I am still loving only being 34! I figure, if I can "age with my age" and only look 34, then I'm happy. I wish I did what my mom always told me to do (no tanning booths, always wear sunscreen even in the winter time...) I do that now. I didn't in high school/college. But I am aging happily, healthily and gracefully if I do say so myself.
On my special day, I woke up with Austin singing Happy Birthday and giving me a good foot massage! He then said he wanted to "take" me to McDonalds. Nothing like an Egg McMuffin to start out the day! So we went and it was a great time. The McDonalds in Haymarket, VA in the morning is very cute. In the afternoons and evenings it's just a stop for day laborors and drivers off of 66, but in the morning time, the inside of the restaurant was filled with cute little old couples! Like they just get up and come to McDonalds as part of their daily retired routine. It was then that I panged for Jonathan to be here. And ring ring ring..he called. I immediately got sappy and told him how I wanted to grow old with him because I was at McDonalds and saw cute old people together..etc and he thought I was crazy. I just missed him. So he sang me a rendition of Happy Birthday that was very sweet, even though he was in a remote location outside of Baghdad, somewhere in Iraq on a Satellite Phone. What a sweetie.
I then went to Target! Ash and I went to Target and had a great time. Then I had a special lunch that my dear friend Erika put together for me. Pei Wei Pad Thai, balloons, confetti, beautiful place settings, a special little luncheon! She even made this delicious heath bar yellow cake/choc frosting (my favorite) cake to take home with me and celebrate with the kiddos. What a great friend.
The cake was divine!!!! The kids stuck as many candles as they could in there.
I had many wonderful calls from friends, family, and beautiful visits. Thank you all so much for making this birthday super special! I have the best friends and family ever! And Jonathan did a great job sending specialty treats for me. Thanks honey!

4 comments:
I know I was no Jonathan but I'm still glad I was able to be part of your special day! Too bad I can't churn butter ;)
Happy 34th Ang! I think you look 25. Seriously. Milk this year. 35 and it's all downhill - so they say, right? So glad you were loved and pampered on your big day! The rest of your posts are so fun! The kids are getting so big. They're so darling and life looks like a complete joy!
mcdonald's and old couples?
i am seriously crying right now!
love you...and i am glad you had a wonderful day, i am still bummed about tonight, but we will make up for it later, right??
Between your cake and Ashley's cake picture I am so coming over and eating it all.. :) You don't look a day over 30..
Post a Comment