Sunday, August 29, 2010

Oh Happy Day

Whenever Pop, Grandma, Uncle Ray, Dad or ANYONE sends us something in the mail, it's the GREATEST thing ever! The kids look forward to it for days. Sometimes the packages will just remain closed for a few hours because the extend the excitement We LOVE getting packages, letters, any thing through the postal service. Thanks guys!





A green princess dress, because it's Gavin's favorite color. We picked out this Halloween costume at Cracker Barrel a couple of weeks ago. She was so excited to have Gavin see her in it! He came over, and she had her big 'coming out'. The dress was donned and her prince was enamored. Just out of a movie. At least this is all what's going through Ashley's mind. But this dress is the one she wants to wear she told Gavin, "After you go on your mission, I'll wear this to the temple." Hmm, we might have to work on the white dress part.



Austin is getting ready for his FIRST day of work! Our dear friend Jean Allen hired him to weed her garden. Austin felt so empowered that someone wanted HIM! HIS skills! He got a backpack, filled a cannister with water, and rode his bike all by himself down the road to Jean's house. He arrived for work on time. He then had a chat with his employer about money and he knew how much he would get paid for picking weeds. He came back home after work (1hr) and announced as he kicked off his garden shoes, "Honey, I'm home! And, I'm tired. So just make me something yummy to eat while I just relax here for awhile." Really Austin? I just had to document this for his future wife to read. Austin was a sweetie and in his prayers he was thankful for the opportunity he had to work. Thanks too Jean for giving him this chance. This teaches the little people so much about work ethic--much easier to do if it's not your own mom or dad.

2 comments:

Shells said...

Even now I get excited when I get mail that isn't a bill. A proper princess dress, awesome. Tell her she looks very regal. I hope the new orthotics help Austin! And we miss apple picking at Stribling, next Fall we will definitely be there.

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

Gavin looks like a knight/pirate combo in that picture. He keeps telling me what he wants to be for Halloween and what Ashley can be to match him. Who knows about these kids in a few years???