This week Austin got his first tick. The first tick I'd actually seen ever, on anyone. On his back. Nasty. Duane tried burning it off, Austin was horrified. But luckily it came right off with a pluck of the tweezers. Ew.
So here's the story with Captain Redeye. Right before family pictures, literally 15 min before we're supposed to meet Jean, Austin runs into Ashley's room where I'm dressing her and he has RED LIPSTICK all over his face. Not just any lipstick, but my only RED COLOSTAY-8 hr lipstick on his face. Eye lids, lips, cheeks, eyebrows, forehead. It was horrible. He thoughts it was funny looking. Of course on the day we take pictures!!! So I take a washcloth and soap and start to scrub on his little face. I got it all off, and the pics are great. However, that night Austin had what I thought was pink eye. So I treated it. But then 2 days later Austin woke up with BLOOD EYE pictured above. Yikes. Pink eye gone bad.
I took him to the pediatrician and she asked what happened, Austin replied, "My mom hit me." I looked at him shocked, then he said, "okay, she didn't hit, she really just flipped me with her fingers." WHAT?@? She then asked Austin what exactly happened and he said, "she rubbed my eye really hard and this is what happened!" Oh dear. The Dr. then asked if he was yelling and asked me to stop and of course he was yelling! I was trying to rub colorstay lipstick off his face! She told us to see an opthamologist.
Went to a fantastic opthamologist, and he said it was conjuctival hemorrhaging. Only bursted/broken blood vessels. Like bruising. It goes away. I did this to my child. And Austin tells EVERYONE. I'm still waiting for child protective services to knock at my door. Note to all moms out there---be super super gentle while washing your kids face. You never know what might bruise! It's just horrible. It look like I used steel wool on his eyes. But really, I didn't! Sorry buddy!

7 comments:
oh. my gosh.
does it hurt him?
and how embarrassing that he was telling the doctor you hit him? i would die!
Ha! Cameron told me that Austin was telling everyone at school that you rubbed his eye too hard and that's why it was all red. Lovely.
Cameron had a tick crawling on him at recess and one of the teachers had to get it off him! Ick!
Ang - your stories beat all. Pink eye gone bad - no kidding! I haven't seen an eyeball like that since I threw up so hard with the flu my right eye looked the same! Austin is hilarious. Loving the fact that he can tell everyone YOU did it! Your stories are the best!
That is pretty disgusting, and super scary I am sure. Austin - telling the doctor you hit him is classic. We all know how easy it is to accidentally hurt your kid.
Oh wow!!! I almost gagged at the sight of the pictures and then I read what happened. I would have died!! First the lipstick and picture disaster and then to have him wake up with that??! One time Tristan slipped on our floor and ran his face right into our kitchen table. It made his entire face turn black and blue and actually gave him a permanent crease in his face that luckily looks kind of like a dimple....ahh the therapy they will need when they are older!!
Watch for Lyme Disease. I know that it is normally the very small ticks that spread it but be careful. Scott got it and it wasn't pretty. Good luck with the eye and your cute boy!
Oh, Angie- I heard bits and pieces of this story yesterday. I am so sorry- poor little fella! He seemed well-enough to embarrass you, though! What a little booger! :)
Post a Comment